Monday, December 27, 2010

Double Digits!

Today marks 99 days left in my pregnancy, so I will make my first blog post with actual material…

How Far Along: 25 weeks, 6 days…. 99 days to go! 

Size of Baby:  According to Babycenter.com, she is measuring 13.5 inches and weighs 1.5 lbs

Total Weight Gain: +15 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  loving my jeans, organic tees from Whole Foods (who knew?!) and rediscovered some pre-pregnancy shirts that still fit! 

Movement: She is moving frequently and powerfully!  I am sometimes alarmed by how strong the movements are, but I love every twinge, poke and kick that I feel—it is my favorite pregnancy symptom.  I also experienced what I think was my first Braxton Hicks contraction the other night, when I felt a lot of pressure in my belly (like someone was squeezing it) and it became very hard.  I’m glad that my books warned me about this. 

Symptoms:  Lower back and foot pain, sleeplessness for 1-3 hours in the middle of the night

What I Miss:   I really miss sleeping on my stomach.  So much so, that I actually looked into a maternity mattress/bed with a hole in the middle for my stomach and believe it or not, they actually exist!!!  Available on Amazon.com!  Of all of the ridiculous maternity products that I’ve seen (and I think I will make a future post about this, since many are very amusing), this one provided almost enough amusement to make my discomfort worth it. 

Belly button:  I’m looking at my last few days as an innie. 

Cravings:  York Peppermint Patties! 

Health/Exercise:  Running/waddling, spinning and yoga.   I even got Brice to start going to yoga with me!     
Best Moment This Week:  Spending time with family over the holidays

Favorite memory from 2010?  Finding out we were having a baby has to be my favorite moment, but I’ve been so fortunate to have frequent favorite moments—going to Spain over the summer, being the Maid of Honor in my best friend, Stephanie’s wedding, Sam moving back to LA, Dakota turning 10, going to Japan with my mom, settling into our new house and neighborhood, etc., etc… we are so blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment