Thursday, January 13, 2011

28 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 weeks 2 days

Size of Baby: Over 2 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 18 lbs

Maternity Clothes:   I had a rotation of about 5 outfits that I was quickly getting sick of until yesterday, when I received a care package from Helen with a whole fresh wardrobe of maternity clothes.   I was actually excited to get out of my pajamas today! 

Movement:  She’s an active little one!  Movements are frequent and powerful- I feel like I can almost grab an arm or foot at times.   She seems to respond a lot to chocolate and Brice’s voice.  Those are two things I can definitely guarantee in our house!  And in abundance!   

Symptoms:  I am really still feeling great, but I’m getting more uncomfortable (back and feet especially) and tire easily.  I am nearly out of breath just walking up the stairs.   Who am I kidding, I am out of breath just getting dressed or rolling from one side to the other in bed!  After running several errands on Sunday, I was so wiped out and came to terms with the fact that I really need to slow down my pace and not try to do so much. 

What I Miss:  Moving and thinking quickly. 

Health/Exercise:  Spinning, running/walking and yoga continue, and Helen also sent some prenatal workout DVDs that I will start trying as well.   

Belly button In or Out:   It’s a flattie right now.  It’s kind of fascinating. 

Cravings:  Tangerines, Indian food, Thai food, Ethiopian food, and as always, sweets

Accomplishments:   I signed up for Amazon Mom and ordered our first box of 84 Newborn diapers to have on hand….  Which I then found out will last us less than a week!!!

My favorite products:   I ADORE my Kindle.  I can’t believe I held out all this time before getting one.  I am reading so much more now and take it everywhere with me.  During my sleepless nights, I can read for awhile without getting out of bed or disturbing Brice.  I’ve just finished Cutting for Stone (which explains the Ethiopian food craving above). 

Best Moment This Week:  Getting a whole new maternity wardrobe 

No comments:

Post a Comment